Party Declaration!



Dear People,

It has become imminent and unavoidable to embrace a platform and promote my desire and aspiration. I took my time to study the terrain, make contacts, and learn from others’ mistakes and experience.

As Plato once said, “The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men”.

To effect that change that I desire in my people and community, I cannot afford to sit on the fence any longer - neither can I risk ending up being tagged an activist.

Without devoting a big chunk of my time and mind to politics and embracing a platform, I am unlikely to make any significant impact.

It was a really difficult decision to make considering I have a conscience and genuine interest in my people and the development of my community but a decision needed to be made. Being a gentleman, the politics of my homeland does not encourage my kind but I am of the belief that who doesn’t seek won’t get.

You will all agree with me that our political parties are without any concrete views or distinctive ideology; they are mostly alike with similar traits and being formed by same set of people to achieve their own personal desires.

Looking for a difference between the frontline parties is like the difference between six and half a dozen, the only difference, unfortunately, are the logos and banners.

The great philosopher Plato said again on politics “One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors”.

Watching the people and the community as it is without making any effort to either raise a voice, challenge or join them to make a difference that I desire is accepting the status quo and validating the actions of those in charge.

I have been active at my ward level for a while and it is necessary to spread my wings beyond the ward level.

I hereby announce my declaration as a member of All Progressives Congress (APC) Party, just like any other party in the land, it is not perfect but with real progressives in the party, we will get there.

I am aware that a lot of people, mostly friends would be in shock with my choice of party considering my stand on most of the unpopular and unacceptable policies, actions and reactions from the Federal Government but I am a man with his own mind and from all indications this is the right choice for me.

A lot is wrong at the National level and within the party but we have a Nation and community to build.

My intention and declaration today openly for APC is not just for the sake of being a party member but with a mission that shall be unfolded in layers over time.

From this day, all aspirants, candidates and members of our dear party are officially my family and it is important to act like one. Within any party, you would have different caucus but at the end of the day, we are all still under the same canopy with one purpose.

Enough of the talk – now let’s walk the walk.


Thank you all for your time and support.


Long Live Nigeria,

With God Speed,
Tunde Oluomo


Comments